Theme Verse: John Chapter 15, verse 13, which states, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends”. In this passage, it’s the Lord Jesus, speaking. And He’s referring to His manhood. Indeed, He is saying, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man, meaning His manhood, would lay down His life, for His friends”.
Do you know that we all, are sinners?
We all have sinned!!!
All human beings have sinned against God!!!
There’s no one among us, who have not sinned!
Romans 5:12 declares, “Wherefore, as by one man, sin entered into the world, and death by sin. And so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned”. Here, we are being told that through the sin of one man, our ancestor Adam, because of his wife Eve, sin entered into the world. Why do you think is Adam being blamed for the sin which his wife Eve, herself, have committed? You know why? It is because, it is Adam himself, who is the racial head. Eve was merely derived from our ancestor Adam. And besides, it is the husband himself, who is the very head of the family. It was Adam himself, who should have defended Eve from the serpent’s deceptions and evil deeds. So, through the fall of Adam into sin, because of his wife Eve, sin entered into this very world, where we all live. And since we all, human beings, were derived from Adam, we all are part of this sinful world. And consequently, being all sinners, we all human beings get to die physically or biologically, because of sin. No, not even one human being, derived from Adam, could be exempted from sin. We all have to admit, we all, are sinners!!!
Romans 3:10 declares, “As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one”.
Romans 3:23 have to reiterate, “For all have sinned, and come short, of the glory of God”. We all have not lived up, to God’s standards and expectations. We all have fallen short.
And so, Romans 6:23, have to say further, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is Eternal Life, through Jesus Christ, our Lord”. Sin is a very bad story! It’s an evil news!!! But thanks be to God, the good news is, that we have the gift of Eternal Life, through Jesus Christ, our Lord! This is the Lord Jesus’ doing, and it’s marvelous, in our eyes. Praise You Jesus!!!
What’s the content or constitution of all reality?
1. We have the timekind– exs. 9 a.m., 3 p.m., past, present, future, eternity, etc…
2. We have the placekind or spacekind– exs. Europe, Asia, outer space, blackhole, etc..
3. We have the elementalkind– exs. carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, gold, silver, rock, etc..
4. We have the plantkind– exs. tomato plant, giant sequoia tree, etc…
5. We have the animalkind– exs. lion, tiger, lamb, etc…
6. We have the humankind– Now a days, there are probably about 6 to 7 billion persons or individuals or selves distinct or different or varied from each other, belonging to the humankind.
7. We have the angelkind– exs. Lucifer turned Satan, Michael, Gabriel,cherub, etc…
8. We have the Godkind– there are only 3 distinct or different or varied Persons or Individuals or Selves, belonging to the Godkind. We have God the Father, God the Son, being the Lord Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.
When the human race or more appropriately, the humankind, fell into sin, through or by our ancestor Adam, all persons or individuals or selves derived from Adam, sinned against God, more appropriately, against the Trinity. When we say Trinity, we mean 1. God the Father 2. God the Son- the Lord Jesus Christ and 3. God the Holy Spirit. When we fell into sin, we all have sinned against God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We were all rendered guilty before these 3 distinct Persons, belonging to the Godkind. Since we were all rendered guilty before the Trinity, the Trinity made a principle or covenant or contract or agreement that without the shedding of blood, no human being or person belonging to the humankind, can be rendered guiltless or justified from sin against God. Somebody has to shed blood, so that human sin against God, could be pardoned or forgiven, or covered, or atoned for ( Hebrews 9:22 ). But God the Father and God the Son, being the Lord Jesus Christ, as well as God the Holy Spirit were all Spirit Beings, since all 3 of them, belong to the Godkind. And being Spirit Beings, all 3 of them definitely have no flesh, no bones and no blood. How then can any Spirit Being belonging to the Godkind, shed blood, to cover or atone, for human sin before God, so that they could be pardoned or forgiven? Since this is the case, one of the Persons belonging to the Godkind, took the initiative and volunteered to take Manhood or Humanity upon Himself, so that through the sacrificial offering of His Manhood or Humanity unto death, and by the shedding of the blood of that Manhood, the penalty for the sin of the entire world, could be forgiven, conditionally. Meaning, only everyone or everybody, or only all who will believe, that is to say, commit/devote, subject/submit, as well as surrender/totally yield their all to Him, should not perish, but have Him for their Eternal Life. His Name is Jesus!!! Jesus, being the Godkind Son, or the Son who is of the same kind with the Father ( John 3:16-monogenes; Romans 8:3 & Romans 8:32; John 5:18; Philippians 2:5-6 ), took Manhood upon Himself, so that through the death of His Manhood on the cross, by the shedding of the blood of that Manhood or Humanity, unto death, you and I, and everyone or all, who will believe, may no longer perish or suffer, but have or secure Jesus, for their Eternal Life ( I John 1:2; I John 5:11-13; John 3:36; John 3:16; John 10:27-28; I John 5:20 ). True enough, the blood of Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, cleanseth us, from all sin ( I John 1:7 ).
I think, we really have to address another important issue! Where did the Manhood of God the Son, or the Godkind Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, come from? Where did His humanity come from? Answer: The Manhood or Humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ came from the 3rd heaven or Paradise or the Father’s house or God’s dwelling place. It was a totally different Manhood or Humanity, from all of that Manhood or Humanity derived from Adam. We, all present world population, of 6 to 7 Billion distinct and different individuals or persons or selves, belonging to the humankind were all derived from our ancestor Adam, and therefore, were all part of the sinful human race. Even Mary and Joseph were human beings derived from sinful Adam, and therefore, also part of the sinful human race. However, the Manhood of Jesus was totally different in that, it was not derived from Mary and Joseph, neither did Mary and Joseph contributed an egg and a sperm cell on the Manhood of God the Son- the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor have Mary and Joseph, had sex already, when Mary became pregnant of the Manhood of Jesus. But as the scriptures bear witness, before they came together, Mary was found to be of child by the Holy Ghost. In essence, the Manhood or Humanity of Jesus was created by His Godhood/Deity/Divinity, in the 3rd heaven or paradise. Thus, I Corinthians 15:47 bears witness, “the first man Adam is of the earth, earthy. The second Man ( being the Manhood of Jesus ), is the Lord from heaven”. John 3:13 had to declare, “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of Man ( being the Manhood of Jesus ), which is in heaven”. Also, in John 6:51, Jesus had to say, “I am the Living Bread, which came down from heaven…and the bread that I will give is my flesh ( or Manhood )”. Jesus created His Manhood in the 3rd heaven or paradise, as a seed ( John 1:3; Colossians 1:16 ), then brought forth by God the Holy Spirit down here, on planet earth and implanted in the womb/uterus of Mary and subsequently fostered for 9 months by God the Holy Spirit in Mary’s womb until it eventually was delivered as a newborn babe. Clearly, the Godhood/Deity/Divinity of God the Son- the Lord Jesus Christ, have no mother, for God is infinite ( no beginning, no end ). In the same manner, the Manhood or Humanity of Jesus have no biological or biophysical or natural or real parents ( for to be such, they should have contributed an egg and a sperm cell ). However, the Manhood or Humanity of Jesus have foster or replacement or surrogate or substitute parents, being Mary and Joseph. Mary was merely a container or vessel of the Manhood or Humanity of Jesus, therefore, appropriately rendered as the foster mother of Jesus’ Manhood or Humanity. And besides, the real biological or biophysical or natural or real children of Mary and Joseph are James and Joses and Simon and Judas, plus their sisters ( Matthew 13:54-57A ). Now, therefore, since the Manhood or Humanity of Jesus was created by His Godhood/Deity/Divinity in heaven and only brought forth, and implanted, and fostered by God the Holy Spirit in the womb/uterus of Mary, His Manhood is definitely sinless ( Hebrews 4:15B), since it was not Adam- derived ( as Mary and Joseph, and all of us, were ). Only the shed blood of a sinless life, can atone or cover, or grant pardon and forgiveness, to a sinful one.
The Manhood or Humanity of God the Son- the Lord Jesus Christ, experienced what we experienced. From a newborn babe, His Manhood grew to be 12 yrs. Old. And from then on, Luke 2:52 had to account, “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man”.
When the Manhood or Humanity of Jesus reached 30 yrs. Old, He then began His public ministry as a man ( though His Manhood is indwelt by His Godhood/Deity/ Divinity ). He functioned as a servant, and served/ministered to much people for 3 yrs..
Jesus did many wonderful works, from 30 to 33 yrs. Old.
He healed the sick. He cleansed the lepers. He raised the dead. He casted out devils. He made the blind to see. He made the deaf to hear. He made the lame to walk. He fed the hungry. He forgave sins. He preached the gospel or the good news to the poor, and did many other remarkable things.
Indeed, Jesus is good to all! Acts 17:25 had to declare, “He gives to all life, breath and all things”.
Why would Jesus show goodness to all, even to the unkind and unthankful?
It is because Romans 2:4B gets to account, that, “the goodness of God, leads us to repentance”.
II Peter 3:9 had to say further, “The Lord is not slack or negligent concerning His promise, as some men count slackness or negligence, but is long- suffering or patient to usward, not willing that any should perish or suffer, but that all should come to repentance”.
It is the Lord Jesus’ passionate or vehement desire, that everyone should come to repentance, and be saved. He wants everybody to turn from their wicked ways, and to be reconciled with Him, for their good. Jesus doesn’t want anybody destroyed, but rather, restored.
Take note that all the works of the Lord Jesus, are always in agreement, with the will of God the Father, and backed- up/inspired/confirmed/witnessed to, by God the Holy Spirit.
Philippians 2:5-8 declare, “Let this mind/mentality be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. Who, being in the form/nature/category/level/sort/genre/genus/essence/kind of God ( or who, being God in kind ), thought it not robbery to be equal with God. But made Himself of no reputation/abased/humbled Himself, and took upon Him the form of a servant/slave/steward, and was made in the likeness of men. And being found in fashion/manner as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Why do you think did Jesus have to suffer death for us? Answer: That you and I, and everyone, who are His enemies, may become friends with Him!
Consider the following:
1. The woman caught in adultery, in the very act. One morning, while Jesus taught in the temple, the scribes and Pharisees brought unto Him a woman caught in adultery, in the very act. They then asked Jesus, to trap Him by His words, saying, Master, this woman was caught in adultery in the very act. Now Moses in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned, but what sayest Thou? Jesus then stooped down and wrote on the ground. And said unto them, he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Then all the people in front of Jesus, being convicted by their own consciences, left one by one, and left the woman unharmed. Then said Jesus to the woman, woman where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee? And the woman answered, No man Lord!!! Then answered back Jesus to her. Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more. In this scenario, Jesus refrained from condemning the woman, though she was caught in adultery, in the very act. Why? Because the law already proves the woman, guilty before God, and before men. And being evident already, Jesus need not condemn the woman anymore. Jesus had to write on the ground probably because he wants to insinuate/hint/imply before the people, that He was the very Author of the scriptures and of the law, and that before His presence, all people are rendered guilty, for failing to fulfill the law, just as the woman caught in adultery, failed to fulfill the law. Instead, Jesus commanded the woman, not to sin anymore. What a vivid/clear portrayal/demonstration of God’s love and His restoring virtue.
2. Judas Iscariot. Judas Iscariot was one of the twelve apostles of the Lord Jesus. He was not merely a listener of the Lord Jesus, but an ordained disciple of the Lord Jesus, who plays an important/significant role in the public ministry of Jesus. He was also the treasurer of Jesus’ ministry, and in spite of being entrusted with much, He would even steal money from the ministry’s treasury bag. On the 3rd year of Jesus’ public ministry, Judas finally decided to betray Jesus, by selling Him to the chief Priests, for 30 pieces of silver. However, when he got Jesus captured, after betraying Him with a kiss, Jesus even told him, “Judas, betrayest thou Me with a kiss?” And then, further said to Judas, “ Friend, do what you are about to do”. Though Judas treated Jesus for an enemy, Jesus nevertheless, addressed him, friend. Jesus wants Judas to realize, Jesus wants to befriend him, though Judas treats Him for an enemy. In the end, Judas repented of his sins and brought back the 30 pieces of silver to the chief Priests, but to no avail, for eventually, he had himself hanged. Jesus may get to show us so much love and care, even if we don’t deserve it, but if we get to willfully and repeatedly abuse His kindness, we may end up, dying in our sins.
3. The Chief Priests, Pharisees, Jewish Religious Leaders, etc…, who repeatedly demanded of Pilate, Jesus’ crucifixion. All this people, at the crucifixion of the Manhood of Jesus at Golgotha, derided/ridiculed Him repeatedly and incessantly, but Jesus nevertheless, prayed for all of them to God the Father, saying, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do”. And subsequently, the Manhood of Jesus expired.
4. Lastly, consider you and me, and everybody. John 3:16 declares, “For God the Father so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten/one and only Son/same kind Son, that whosoever believes in Him ( in Jesus ), should not perish/suffer, but instead, have/secure Jesus, for their Eternal Life.
Romans 5:8 accounts, “But God commendeth/demonstrates His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
True enough, Jesus died for you and me, and for everybody, but only those who will befriend Him, will not perish/suffer, but instead, have Jesus for their Eternal Life and True Friend.
Jesus is saying in John 15:14, “You are My friends, if you do whatsoever I command you”.
I have a friend with Jesus! I have a friend with Jesus! I have a true Friend with Jesus!!!
II Corinthians 5:14-15 declare, “For the Love of Christ constrains/compels/controls us, because we thus judge, that if one died for all, or that if Jesus died for all, then were all dead ( dead from sin ). And that Jesus died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him ( for Jesus ), who died for them, and rose again”.
I have a friend with Jesus!!!
When I was yet a lot younger, I learned a beautiful song, and it goes exactly like this, “What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer”.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, today, we acknowledge and recognize You, for our friend. You are the best friend we can ever have. It is not your will for anyone to perish/suffer, but that everyone, should come to repentance, and get saved. Lord Jesus, You said, we are Your friends, if we do whatsoever You command us. So now, we pray, please meddle in our lives. Please, lead us and instruct us well, that we may lovingly serve You. Rule and reign in our lives, and be obeyed and glorified/honored in all our doings and endeavors. Help us from henceforth, to spend/utilize/use up/consume/exhaust, everything in our lives, with our best and with our utmost, for You, and for your greater glory and honor, and that we may indeed be good, useful,wise, profitable, productive, fruitful, and faithful servants before You, for we love You Jesus, for You alone, are our best friend. Amen!!!
I knelt to pray, but not for long, I had too much to do;
Must hurry off, and get to work, for bills would soon be due
And so I said, a hurried pray’r, jumped up from off my knees;
My Christian duty, now was done, my soul could be at ease
All through the day, I had no time, to speak a word of cheer;
No time to speak, of Christ to friends, they’d laugh at me, I feared
No time! No time! Too much to do, that was my constant cry;
No time to give, to those in need, at last ‘twas time to die
And when before, the Lord I came, I stood with downcast eyes;
Within His hands, He held a book, it was the book of life
He looked into, the book and said, “your name I cannot find.
I once was going, to write it down, but never found the time!”
Author: Dr. Edmund Paul Medina
I have a friend with Jesus by Dr. Edmund Paul Medina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://all4jesus.wordpress.com.