1.The first important requirement for all aspiring contracting parties to have legal marriage, is to subject themselves to pre-marriage counseling that will be administered by the Solemnizing Officer in his/her home or place, wherein the counseling must be shared. This is mandatory, before they can apply for marriage license. Before setting the date of their wedding, they must have prepared all the required documents, within one month, before setting a specific date ot their wedding. The contracting parties must send to the Solemnizing Officer all the required documents for the processing of their Marriage Certificate through LBC DELIVERY SERVICE to the home address of the Solemnizing Officer.

2.If contracting parties are not members of the church of the Solemnizing Officer, he/she cannot officiate their marriage; it is a mandatory provision of the existing law of marriage solemnizing that is implemented in the Philippines. However, if one of the contracting parties is a member of the S.O. church, marriage solemnizing will be allowed.

3.The contracting parties must be at marriageable age, 18 years old, and must have written parental consent; and if not yet 25 years old, they must have written parental advice. The S.O. must be sure of their reported age by requiring their birth certificate.

4.Certificate of Non Marriage (CENOMAR) must be  required from the contracting parties, and if both have no record of previous marriage, they must have Marriage License; that will be issued by the Local Civil Registrar which will be processed after ten days of official publication of their marriage settlement proposal.

5.If the contracting parties were living together in co-habitation within (5) years or more without any legal impediment to be married, they don’t need Marriage License, but “Affidavit of Cohabitation that include the number of their children, with commendable witnesses,  it must be  notarized” as required by the S.O. .This is mandated  thereof , from Article 34 of thr Family Code. If the contracting parties were living together less than 5 years, they must have Marriage License, Cenomar, and birth Certificate. If contracting parties were a widower and a widow; they must present to the S.O. death Certficate of their dead spouse  and notarized affidavit of each of them, and Cenomar.

6.The name of the contracting parties,   and their date of birth and birth place, must be accurately in written report; including names of their parents, all names thereof must be without error in spelling, it is very important for the processing of their Marriage Certificate, it must be submitted to the S.O  before  setting  the specific date of their wedding.

7.Mother’s name of contracting parties must be their maiden name.

8.The names of the principal sponsors (witnesses) must also be accurately written. All principal sponsors as witnesses to be listed on the Marriage Certificate; must have assurance to the contracting parties that they will be present on wedding ceremony, for the importance of their signatures as witnesses.

9.Only pen with black ink for signatures will be acceptable, colored ink will be rejected. For the typing of all entries on Marriage Certificate, black ink is also required.

10.Within (15) days it must be registered, this is the responsibility of the S.O.If within (15) days failure for registration happened because of unavoidable reason, the S.O. should accomplish delayed registration affidavit.

11. The registration of Marriage Certificate must be at the office of local Civil Registrar, which have jurisdiction wherein the marriage ceremony was Solemnized. e.g.- If the marriage ceremony was Solemnized within the place of Antipolo, therefore, the registration must be at the office of the Civil Registrar of Antipolo City.

12. A photo copy of the S.O.’S “CRASM” Certificate of Registration of Authority to Solemnize Marriage must be attached to the Marriage Certificate, and the Marriage Certificate must be without any erasures and properly signed by the contracting parties, S.O. and witnesses.

13.If the contracting parties want the ceremony of their marriage be in their chosen place not in the church building, they need a written notarized request approved  by the S.O. with his name and signature of approval.

14.Biblical pre-marriage counseling for the contracting parties must be administered to them by the S.O. before they acquire Marriage License. To build up a steadfast Biblical marriage relationship that had been explained herewith.

15.  A Solemnizing Officer is prohibited to Solemnize Marriage for contracting parties having  legal impediment. All Solemnizing Officers must lawfully subject contracting parties desiring to be inmarried status under their Authority, and  should not conform to their set up date of wedding if all required documents are not yet prepared.

16. The S.O. should not conform to the contracting parties to Solemnize their marriage urgently, without submitting first- Marriage License and  all required documents. They necessarily must be patient to wait for the release of their Marriage License after (10) consecutive days for publication purposes; then they can set the specific date of their wedding

17.All Solemnizing Officers have prerogative to rightly oblige contracting parties to notify them  first before setting their chosenwedding date, because the S.O. knew well his/her appropriate available date and time to Solemnize Marriage

18.Solemnizing Officers with expired license is prohibited to Solemnize Marriage.

19.A copy for the husband and wife should be given to them, when the Local Civil Registrar released the Marriage Certificate.  The S.O. should have his/her copy for file, and see if the Marriage Certificate have serial number as registered, with name and signature of the Civil Registrar.



It is against Biblical principle to Solemnize contracting parties with recorded divorced, and annulled record in their previous marriage, it is against Biblical principle of lifetime married relationship (Mal.2: 15-16; Matt.19:6; Mk.10:7-9).

The Solemnizing Officer, must have his/her name with signature of approval below the listednames of witnesses listed on separate sheet of paper. Premised on Biblical orderliness (1Cor.14:40),

Twelve witnesses or (12) (principal sponsors) can be listed names on Marriage Certificate, on its available space.

If exceedingly more than twelve, as willed by the contracting parties, it must be on separate sheet of paper explained herewith.



Request by contracting parties to officiate in their marriage

a Solemnizing officer with expired CRASM can officiate marriage; just on lawful condition, that a solemnizing officer  with unexpired CRASM will officially officiate together with the one having expired CRASM, as the one legal signatory on Marriage Certificate. The S.O. with expired license can just be assistant officiating minister, if requested.

It is a violation of CRG mandatory prohibition, when a Solemnizing Officer officiate marriage with expired CRASM.

In dual officiating of marriage, two S.O. with unexpired CRASM, can solemnize one wedding, but only one can legally sign in Marriage Certificate and the individual O.M. that must be officially recorded in the Marriage Certificate.


The CRG through the RDs shall cancel the CRASMs issued to SOs based on the following grounds:

1.When the request for cancellation of authority to solemnize marriage is made by bishop or the Archbishop of the church of which the S.O. is a member.

2.When the request for cancellation of authority to solemnize marriage is made by the S.O. himself.

3. When before the expiry date of his authorization, the S.O. cease to be a member of the church where he belong, which he represented at the time of registration.

4. When the S.O. has been convicted by final judgment of any crime.

5. When the S.O. retires from his function as a priest or religious minister, or dies or become permanently incapacitated to discharge the function of his office.

6. When the S.O. willfully violates the provisions of the existing laws as when he officiates marriage where no one of the contracting parties is a member of his church.

7. When the S.O. officiates marriage outside his territorial jurisdiction.

8. When the S.O. fails or refuses to exhibit his authority to solemnize marriage when it is demanded from him by the contracting parties, their parents or guardian.

9. When the S.O. officiates marriage when the contracting parties do not have a valid marriage license when such license is required and such fact is known to him.

10.When  the S.O. officiates marriage with expired marriage license.

11. When the S.O. fails or refuses to indicate on the marriage Certificate his registry number and the expiry date of his authority to solemnize marriage.

12.When the S.O. allows proxy marriage which is a kind of marriage arrangement when one of the parties to a marriage is represented by someone else who may be a delegate or a friend of one of the contracting parties.

13.When the S.O. is represented by a proxy S.O. or somebody else who performs the marriage for and in his behalf.

14. When the S.O. does other acts in contravention with law.

15. When the S.O. is physically incapacitated when his performance to solemnize marriage is substantially affected such as blindness, etc..


1.Have you been living together before deciding to be married?________________

2.If living together, within how many years?________And how many are your children, if you have?_______

3.In what religion you belong?______________



If you have any queries please feel free to fill out the feedback form below

%d bloggers like this: