According to the Bible, God is a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who worship other gods and are making carved images … and bowing and serving them (Ex. 20:3-5)
The following references in scriptures are only a few among the many warnings about idolatry:
- Lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure; the likeness of male or female (Deut. 4:16)
- But thus you shall deal with them: you shall destroy their altars, and break down their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images, and burn their carved images with fire (Deut. 7:5).
- Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it; but you shall utterly destroy it, utterly abhor it, for it is an accursed thing (Deut. 7:26).
- Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying: you and your wives have spoken with your mouths and fulfilled with your hands, saying, we will surely perform our vows that we have made, to burn incense to the “QUEEN OF HEAVEN” and pour out drink offerings to her. You will surely fulfill your vows and perform your vows; Behold I will watch over them for adversity and not for good. And all the men of Judah who are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by famine, until there is an end to them (Jer. 44:25, 27).
- Their idols are silver and gold, the work of man’s hands. They have mouths, but they do not speak; eyes they have, but they do not see; they have ears, but they do not hear; noses they have, but they do not smell; they have hands but they do not handle; feet they have but they do not walk; nor do they mutter through their throat. Those who make them are like them; so is everyone who trusts in them (Psalm 115:4-8).
- But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, IDOLATERS, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Rev. 21:8).
- Read also Deut. 32:16-20; 2Chron. 24:18; Gal. 5:19-21; Rev. 22:15; etc.)
Besides murder, vice, corruption, and immorality, idolatry is one sin that brings a curse, not only to the individual but also to his family, community and the entire nation. Take notice of our country, the Philippines. In every corner in most houses, offices, business establishments, institutions, and churches, you will see carved images, and pictures of so called saints. The reason why the Philippines is being visited by God’s wrath through pestilence, natural and man-made calamities, wars, violence, and confusion. Among those who read the Bible very few practice its principles and most people do not read the Bible at all. Jesus tells us that the real cause of all these adversities is sin which is the transgression of the law (1John 3:4) and the consequence is destruction (Hosea 4:6 my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge . . .).
It’s high time the Filipinos open their eyes to the reality of God’s truth. It’s been about five centuries now that we have been wrongly conditioned by a false religion. Magellan came not to bring the good news of salvation but instead brought idols and images of so called saints which until now are being worshipped and served by many Filipinos contrary to what the Bible says, that “you shall not worship them nor serve them … “ (Ex. 20:5). Therefore we have been deceived by the devil into a pseudo Christian faith.
If you want our nation to be blessed, read the Lord’s commandments and promises which are clearly written in Deut. 28:1-14; v.1 now it shall come to pass if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth, v.2 and all these blessings shall come upon you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God, v.3 Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. V.4 blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle, and the offspring of your flock. V.5 Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. V.6 Blessed shall be when you come in, and blessed shall be when you go out. V.7 The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before your seven ways. V.8 The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you. V.9 The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you; if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways v. 10 then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the Name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you v.11 and the Lord will grant you plenty of goods in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground , in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. V.12 the Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give rain to your land in this season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. V.13 and the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath … v. 14 you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right hand or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
Repent, turn away from your sins and commit your all to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is your only hope of salvation, eternal life, and everlasting glory.
IS THE PHILIPPINES A CHRISTIAN NATION OR A PAGAN NATION? by Rev. Carmenia Mendoza is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.all4jesus.wordpress.com.